Friday, January 17, 2014

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

3RD STENCIL PAINTING YUPO

DETAIL 3RD STENCIL PAINTING YUPO

Here is the mono print I created from the first sheet of YUPO.  Actually, the sheets or YUPO I ordered are larger than I like to work on so I cut one in half.  I had fun lifting paint off of the surface through some new stencils I had bought.  I really don't need any more stencils but I can't resist!  When I got the painting this far, I sealed the watercolor with acrylic spray so I could retain what I have achieved.  So now I have to decide how to finish it.  I am leaning toward acrylic ink because it is the most transparent.  After spraying with the acrylic, watercolor will no longer adhere to this surface.  I think collage papers would look very interesting on top of this, but I am trying to create some images without collage for awhile. The collage version will be next.   It is nice to have ideas for the next painting percolating while I work on the current image.  That way there is a nice flow from one piece to the next with an interesting progression.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations on your signature status, Myrna! It is well deserved indeed. I always love seeing what you are working on and hearing about your processes.

Jo Murray said...

Interesting process...and I'll be looking forward to seeing where it goes. For myself, I couldn't resist collage.

Billie Crain said...

Now might be a good time to give alcohol inks a go, Myrna. I use Ranger inks. Very vibrant and they are made to go on non porous surfaces.

Related Posts with Thumbnails