Wednesday, November 13, 2013

PREPPING!


I can't believe I have not posted in so long!  I have been doing a lot of traveling and a little art.  We are traveling again over the weekend but then I will be home for quite a while and I look forward to making progress on designing my new workshop.  I am very excited about the idea of incorporating a digital app program for the iPad or iPhone in the workshop.  I am using PS Touch which is an inexpensive version of Photoshop Elements for digital media.  I have been using my iPad mini to take photos more and more because the image is instantly available for playing.  I also use my regular digital camera because does a better job or photography, but for my purposes, the iPad mini is pretty good.   I am particularly fond of the "Charcoal" setting because it breaks down the image into 3 values in an artful way.  I like working from a black, white and gray image because it gives me free reign on color choice.  I decided to create a painting where the medium value would be represented by collage papers and then I would pop in the darks and hit it with the highlights.  I spent part of today creating the collage mid values on a false start painting that had been divided into nine  5 x 7 segments.  Depending on how these go, I will create a large single image painting with this idea. 

I have a lot of fun making these little abstract backgrounds.  Here is a closeup of one of them.  Somehow, It is a lot easier for me to work this scale than really big when it comes to collage.




2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love the transparency you are getting with the collage. Can't wait to see what is next.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I like the depth you've achieved. Good work

Related Posts with Thumbnails