Friday, July 13, 2012

20 SOMETHING!

50/50 #20

50/50 (20)

This background has lots of layers.  It started out as black gesso with some red gold foil paper from a candy wrapper in the cruciform design.  It was too stark and not plausible to put an ink drawing on, so I layered a tissue with some red over it.  Still not right so I layered a yellow orange tissue with some metallic gold specs.  Finally, something I could work with.  After I did the ink drawing, I added light gold highlights and then some more ink on top of that.  I think it all comes together with the background working well with the drawing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, It's fun watching you develop this series. I like how your use of textures adds to your sensitive use of line. They're fun!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Peggy. I value your input.

Autumn Leaves said...

What a gorgeous face this man has.

Judy said...

Hi Myrna: I've always been drawn to your use of texture, this one is especially beautiful. I appreciate how you describe the steps involved.

Really liking this series, wish I were a bit closer & could see the show!

Meera Rao said...

His eyes are so wonderful! Thanks for the explanation and the details- t you make me feel special by sharing your process :)

Bob and Kay's Adventures said...

Is the model's name Reggie by any chance? K

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Judy, I think texture must be my middle name! I see you are in San Diego. Leaving Tuesday for a week in San Diego. A long car's drive to t
he Bay Area if you want to see the show. I will post the specifics a little later.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Meera, you are special. Glad I can make you feel that way.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Kay, I have no idea what this man's name is. He seems almost an archetype of a rugged handsome man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails