Thursday, June 7, 2012

LATEST DEMO!

EVE-MARIE

This is the demo I did today for the Workshop I am giving for the Pleasanton Art  League.  We just have 3 days but everyone is working hard and I am enjoying working with this great group of artists.  The Firehouse Art Center is a wonderful place to teach.  It is a renovated firehouse and their gallery spaces are beautiful. The National Watercolor Society traveling show was there last year and the California Watercolor Association is going to have the next national exhibit there.  It will be spectacular!  The workshop room is bright, large and a joy to work in. 

 Downtown Pleasanton is one of those charming older "bygone era" places that are so much fun to stroll around, shop and dine.  If you haven't checked it out before and are in the area, be sure and plan to stop for a few hours, at least.  

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Myrna! She is beautiful! Your venue sounds amazing too.

Ellen Roles said...

deligtful, well done

Meera Rao said...

Myrna I love the pose - the turn of the neck is great! Also the colors :) Is that a portrait workshop that you did the demo for?

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

This is a lovely portrait (I really like the colours, very soft and almost dream like)... Feeling a bit emotional when I saw it, as it reminds me of a very dear friend I grew up with and I miss her so much and wish I could see her again... Its the eyes I think.
Lovely painting

Lisa Graham said...

What a great painting! It is as if she has just rolled out of bed...messy hair and a very natural look. She looks very content.

Related Posts with Thumbnails