Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DEMO RESULTS!

JERRY - DEMO FOR BURLINGAME ART SOCIETY
My demonstration tonight was about adding texture to the surface before painting.  By the time I finished showing examples of materials to use and how those looked in finished paintings, I had only about 1/2 hour to do the painting.  To add to the excitement, they did not have an overhead mirror, so I suggested people could gather around while I painted.  Everyone was talking, touching the different materials and conversing with me.  Strangely enough, this doesn't bother me in the least.  I learned how to filter out what I don't want to focus on years ago when I was very young.  This ability  has served me well over the years.  I think I will add a touch more to the clothing and then call it finished.

There was a woman at the meeting that was telling me all about Madeline Island where I will be giving a workshop in July.  It turns out her family is from there and she was sharing all the fabulous places to visit in the area and all the beauty that is in that part of the country.  My husband was ready to hop a plane tomorrow!  I am getting very excited about going, myself.  Combining art and vacation is just the best!  

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous night and your demo piece is another beauty. I just love your style, Myrna!

Martha Kisling said...

Great demo - I love all the texture and the looseness!

Jane ferguson said...

Fabulous Myrna,you are so talented in so many ways.You are a great inspiration to me.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Love this one a bunch... See you at Kanuga,too.

Unknown said...

Myrna,
I was that woman and you will love Madeline Island and the Bayfield area. I am going there in August. Love your art and so glad that you liked my rock painting.

Unknown said...

Hi there, Just cruising your recent posts and this demo really struck a chord. I am always attracted to the quickly put down images you do.
Hope things are going well

Related Posts with Thumbnails