Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ANOTHER MILESTONE!

This iPad drawing was done sitting on the patio of the beautiful Four Seasons hotel in Santa Barbara.  My oldest grandson graduated this past weekend from UCSB and we were going to have a celebratory dinner at this elegant place.  


While we were gone, we had to have the house tented and fumigated to get rid of termites.  I spent two days putting vulnerable food stuffs in large double plastic bags, moving house plants out and then another day unpacking everything and putting it away!  Naturally, there was extra cleaning when the shelves are bare and the refrigerator is empty.  No way around this drudge work but everything looks great now except the plants.  I think we will have to start over and replace most of them.  Oh well, they are just plants.  So far we haven't keeled over so I guess our bagged food was safe!  Needless to say, I have not done much art work at all this past week, but I am excited to get back into the studio again.


I have not received my copy of Splash 12Splash 12 The Best of Watercolor: Celebrating Artistic Vision but someone sent me a lovely note and told me my painting is on page 60!

I also received a note from the editor of a new gorgeous watercolor magazine from France, L'Art de l'Aquarelle, that the latest issue is on the news stands now and I am in this issue.  Barnes and Noble does not carry this magazine but I think Borders does.  Unfortunately, they closed the Borders near my home, so I will have to hunt one down!  He will be sending me a complimentary copy.  

On a down note, I did not get into the San Diego Watercolor Society International Show this year.  I share this because it is important to know that there are no guarantees and life is full of ups and downs.  


4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations on having your work in not one, but two! magazines, Myrna! I love your work so it is no surprise to know that it ranks up there with the best of the best.

I didn't know they had to tent a house to do termite battles. Wow! What a big job! Glad you were able to save the food, and now that it is over, it is always nice to have a freshly cleaned to the bones house, isn't it?

Candy said...

Congratulations to your handsome grandson!

Termites! Fumigating! Yikes!

Woo-hoo! on being in the two magazines! I'm not surprised. Your work is brilliant.

debwardart said...

Congrats on your painting in Splash 12. It's a beautiful book, one of the best in the series. Sorry about not being accepted into SDWS show but I agree with you - while you are probably disappointed, you realize that it's not the end of the world, there will be other shows!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Myrna, Thanks for noting your misses as well as your big hits (congrats and good work). It is humbling to be passed over sometimes but it just makes the prizes more exciting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails