Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1ST. DEMO FOR OKLAHOMA PORTRAIT WORKSHOP!

Here in the Tulsa, Oklahoma suburb of Broken Arrow, the weather is running hot and cold, wet and dry but the workshop is HOT HOT HOT!  Everyone is really into the work and progressing nicely.  Tomorrow I should be able to create a slide show of the first paintings.  This is the first demo.  I always like to start with a forward facing older face.  I put a textured gesso surface on the paper and used Dr. Martin's Hydrus watercolors.  

4 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Love that portrait--what texture!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Myrna, I find this amazing. Beautiful portrait in the works here.

Unknown said...

Awesome work...I'm so happy to have found your blog Myrna...Blessings...can't wait to see more!!!

Roshanda said...

The texture is amazing!! Would have never thought to use texture with watercolors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails