Friday, March 4, 2011

A DREAM COMING TRUE!


Everyone who has been to Bruges says it was their favorite trip of all.  After seeing the movie "In Bruges" I dreamed of seeing this magical place, myself.  That's why I was so excited to accept the "artist in residence" for a fabulous week in Belgium this August.  I will be working with the artists, creating watercolor sketches of our adventures, taking tons of reference photos while our tour guide, Jackie, will be making sure the non-artists in the group are soaking up the Flemish culture!  I love that it will be a small group experience with such an experienced and knowledgable guide.  I have heard from a past participant that the accommodations and food are really special.  Can't wait!!  I just bought a few books on the region so I can enjoy the anticipation even more by reading a little every night.  There are 3 spots left if you wish to join in.  Just click on the blog post title and it will take you to the website for additional information.
In the meantime, I am working on a few fun lessons to share on the trip.



Indulge your inner artist. Join me on a painting workshop in Belgium, August 27-Sept 3.
You will be enchanted by the Capital of the Flemish painters, Bruges or the Venice of the North as well as Belgium's specialties like chocolate, lace making, beer, diamants and waffles.
The workshop is limited to 7 participants and we only have 3 spots left. 
 To learn more or sign up, visit  http://frenchescapade.com/trips-painting-belgium.html

3 comments:

lifeartist said...

Congratulations Myrna! I am so envious of your trip! It sounds fabulous. I hope you will some vicarious pleasure to your followers by keeping us posted on preparations and the actual trip.

As a teacher I have always dreamed of teaching on a trip like this but I have never known how to begin to organize it.

Brava! Brava!

Kay said...

lucky you! It sounds fabulous..another place to put on my list of someday

janice said...

I was so surprised to see that your photo taken from the canal is the exact same view I just painted in the John Salminen workshop last month! We were there last May. Enjoy your visit to this charming little city and be sure to share your beautiful work with all of your fans!.

Related Posts with Thumbnails