Monday, December 20, 2010

PHOTOS FROM ISRAEL WORKSHOP

I am back home and now I have to spend a few days reorganizing my art and setting my house in order.  Looks like the mail and dust piled up during my absence.  In the meantime, I have some images to share with you.   Carol Feldman (Drawing Tel Aviv) did a fabulous job of photographing the workshop.  It was wonderful getting to meet her in person and have her in the class.  I'm not sure what I had to teach her, as she is incredibly accomplished.  Carol has all the photos posted in an album on the web.  You can click on the title of this post to see the entire album.  Here is a sequence of one of my demos.  I started on a gessoed surface.  After the painting was part way completed, I let it dry, then applied white tissue collaged over it.  When that was dry, I completed the painting.

4 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Myrna,
Thank you so much for sharing the precious process. I've learned lot from you. Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Look forward to your blog in 2011.
Best wishes, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Great photos, Myrna - thanks to Carol for these (and you should have more photos for future self-portraits in this bunch!). It looks like a good, informative and fun workshop. Glad you are home safe and sound, what with all the travel woes we are hearing about these past weeks.

Mary Crowell said...

welcome back! must have been great being in israel during the holidays and being with family along with your workshop. see you soon

Cory said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.
Have a great holiday season.

Related Posts with Thumbnails