Monday, November 15, 2010

GUALALA WORKSHOP DAY 1 DEMO & SLIDE SHOW


I have a small but enthusiastic group here in beautiful Gualala, California.  The Advanced Watercolor Portrait workshop is at the Gualala Art Center.  I will take some photos of the grounds and building and post later in the week.  It is a stunning venue.  Day one deals with the opportunity to explore various color ideas.  I have everyone work on a half sheet divided into 5 x 7 segments.  As you can see by the slide show, everyone really had fun with this concept.  I wish my photography was as good as their efforts!  I must do a better job of photographing tomorrow.

At the end of the day, my husband and I sipped wine, sitting in comfy chairs outside watching the sun setting into the Pacific Ocean.  A perfect ending to a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What wonderful efforts by the participants...thanks for the slide show...very nice.

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

LOL, you get around! A couple years ago my husband and I were driving in California (we're from WI), and stopped for lunch in Gualala - ended up staying two days.

Dee Doyle said...

Terrific work! Did you take a photo of the model[s]?
PS have sifned up for Variations in PDX. Can't wait! :-)

Dee Doyle said...

[I don't know if my last comment "took." ]

Terrific work! Am wondering if you took photo of model[s].

Also, I am signed up for Variations in PDX in January. Can't wait! :-)

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Dee, I look forward to having you in a workshop again. All the work on the slide show was from photos.

Hi Sherry, great Gualala story. Seems like the place is a well kept secret!

Cynnie, happy you liked the slide show. I like to show off my students. They are amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails