Monday, November 22, 2010

FINALLY! MY FIRST BOOK IS FINISHED!





I have spent the last few days fine tuning my first book. Blurb.com is a self publishing company that lets you upload their templates to create your own book. They publish it for you and handle marketing and sales . This book is a record of the work I did this year as it relates to my self portrait project. I jumped the gun a little, as the year is not over, but I am going to be doing so much traveling that I went ahead and finished the daily drawings. I am posting them one at a time up till the last day of the year. I decided to go ahead and get the book done so I would have some gifts for this year. Now I have to finish the other book I started on "Variations". I got bogged down and stopped working on it. The "Drawn to the Mirror" book mostly required me to upload and adjust photos with little or no text involved. "Variations" requires a lot more thinking, planning and writing. I do back myself into a corner every so often!


I have added the book promotion at the bottom of the blog because it was too big on the side and only part of it showed. I wish I knew how to resize these things.

11 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Myrna,
Congratulations!! Have a big celebration!
Best wishes, Sadami

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

I have enjoyed seeing your self portraits over the course of the years, but together they make a powerful impression. Beautiful work!

Cory said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...

Mary Crowell said...

so happy about your first book, hope I can buy one soon.

Meera Rao said...

congratulations! what a wonderful record of your efforts and achievement!!!

Dan Kent said...

You can really see all of the variety - how creative you have been with your self-portraits! Masterful! A delight. I don't think I was able to see the entire book (don't know why), but what I did see was wonderful.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, everybody for your kind words. The preview just shows a few of the pages to get an idea of the contents. There are 66. Pages in all.

Unknown said...

Myrna, an alive miraculous lady for me, I see all faces in thinking frame of mind. I would love to see few of happy face.... A request by admirer

lifeartist said...

Congratulations on the book! It;s fabulous.

jgr said...

Your book is SO cool!!

Ruth Armitage said...

I've always wanted to do this... you get so much done! I don't know how you do it all... Congratulations :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails