Monday, October 18, 2010

ANOTHER VIEW!

Where have I been and where am I going?  Stuff happens!  The hard drive n my computer died in the middle of preparing a presentation for my workshop in LaCrosse and then my wrist and thumb joint on my right hand went!  Of course I am right handed.  Lots of time running around getting these problems resolved.  Now I am in LaCrosse and starting the workshop this morning.  Yesterday I had some time to check out this beautiful area along the Mighty Mississippi River.  One of the places we went was the Omni Center where I will be teaching today.  There was a quilt show going on.  It was wonderful to check out a traditional art form.   A very talented young man (16 years old)  had set up an easel and was doing caricatures.   I thought it would be fun to see someone else's interpretation of my face.  Here is the result!  He was much more flattering but I love the glamourous view.  Check out Mike Kuznar at www.sirdrawzalot.com and give him encouragement with his future art career!

2 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you were going to be so nearby! LaCrosse is very beautiful this time of year - if you get a chance, drive up Granddad's bluff for the view. I hope your challenges are all resolved soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, Fun drawing! Mike's website is nicely done with lots of fun drawings.

Sorry to hear about your hard drive! Bad timing too.

I hope you have a great week with your workshop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails