Wednesday, November 11, 2009

FINAL TWO STEPS



Here are the last two stages to complete this painting. I added white acrylic to the bleached painting, then started glazing and painting on top. It is a good idea to photograph the steps of your paintings for future reference. If you find you don't need them, it is easy to erase them. If you decide after the fact, that you wanted to document the steps, you can't go back!

Very little of the original bleached effect is left. Most likely it impacted the look of the finished painting, but it is pretty subtle. I'm going to keep on with this idea until I hit on the balance I am looking for. Can't quite say what it is, but I will know it when it shows up. The thrill of the hunt!

12 comments:

teri said...

Interesting effect.
I totally agree with your suggestion to photograph the steps while working on a project ... so beneficial.

SharonWrightArtist said...

Stunning image! I like it a lot.

Cindy said...

I love the end result, thats for sure, I like learning from you too. thanks.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Very cool process and wonderful end result!

Mary Paquet said...

Myrna, this is a handsome piece. I look forward to seeing the results of your continued exploration. Thanks for the tip on photographing as you go along. I am learning to use acrylics and will be experimenting with different techniques, so the tips comes at a perfect time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The result is amazing! After watching the steps in progress, I would not have that it possible to achieve such a subtle expression!

VickiRossArt said...

top stage looks like a ghost in some horror movie :)

Mary Crowell said...

whatever the experiment, the final, final came out prize worthy, think you should enter that one!

Krista Hasson said...

WOW! This is stunning, really pulls you in.

Unknown said...

Your technique creates a wonderful illusion; a ghostlike quality to the painting. Wonderful!

Cindi said...

not sure waht you are looking for.. but this is pretty amazing..

Donna B. said...

WOW!! What a great piece! I am going to adopt your idea of photographing the process...but I need to re-read your technique...I really like what you are doing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails