Thursday, January 22, 2009

KILLING TIME ON THE WEB...BUT OH, SO MUCH FUN!!!



The ubiquitous poster image of President Obama now has a website where you can upload a photo and make it into a poster style image using the same colors and "feel" of the original. Click on the blog title and be prepared to spend some time with this toy. I saw this on Carol Carter's blogsite and couldn't resist. You can adjust the colors somewhat (more this color, less that color etc.) The really clever part is then you can have your image printed as a poster, on a t-shirt, a mug, etc. How's that for good marketing! I have made two additional images and will eventually have a t-shirt made. Most people are using a photograph, but I prefer working with an image I have drawn and painted. I think it will make a great t-shirt. I haven't experimented with a straight drawing with this little toy, but I intend to.

If you belong to an art group, you definitely want to have Karen Druker in your group! Not only is she an inspired and inspiring painter, but she is constantly organizing interesting things for us to do and great places to go. She has so many talents and boundless energy. A fabulous force to be reckoned with. Today we toured a private medical clinic that has an amazing art collection throughout the facility. The woman responsible for acquiring the art pieces led the tour. It started with the two large Chihuly glass sculptures in the 3 story atrium, hung one over the other and progressed from there. Lots of inspiration and ideas were garnered from seeing this collection. Karen set up this outing for us.

Tomorrow I sit again at Gallery Concord. I can't decide if I will paint or work on my taxes. I just might bite the bullet and get the taxes done and out of the way so I don't have to think about it anymore. Procrastination takes it's toll in the form of constant unease about what I am avoiding. I need to grow up and put duty before play....but it is so hard!

1 comment:

sanjeev joshi said...

hi,i have no words to describe your superb work.i also indulge in calligraphic paintings ,but to merge portraits and writings looks great.I am totally chrged up after going through your blog.I will surely comeup with something creative soon!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails