Monday, December 8, 2008

LIFE DRAWING SESSION, SECOND SET




Here is the second set of marathon drawings. The way the book comes together, there are 4 pages accordian pleated together, so I treated them as a set and collaged and pre-painted the pages as one continuous page, not knowing how I was going to finish it.

First I collaged some Japanese papers from the book onto the paper, then I used the tissue paper from the previous day with the red acrylic ink on it and collaged that over the pages. Lastly, I mixed 8 parts matt medium with one part Micaceous Iron Oxide (a Golden Acrylic Product) and made a "dirty glaze". Using a plastic palette knife (an old credit card would also work) I spread this onto the pages. I love this "dirty glaze"! I will continue to explore the possibilities. At the drawing session I worked with several ink pens including the Elegant Writer, a wet brush and walnut ink and acrylic white ink.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both sets are wonderfully expressive! I like how the figure works with the ground you've prepared.

Nava said...

Judging by the results, looks lie the Oakland figure drawing session was much more extinct than the Palo Alto one. I wonder - is it something about the models and atmosphere?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Nava, I think it was 3 things. One, my prepared paper was more interesting; two, these were 20 minute sessions( Very few in Palo Alto); three, I was soooo much closer, so could see details much better and had a lower vantage point so the perspective was a little more unusual.

RH Carpenter said...

Wow, Wow and Wow! What more can I say??

David Lobenberg said...

Even though you are mean to me, I must say that these sketches rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails