Sunday, November 30, 2008

ART EVERY DAY MONTH CHALLENGE DONE!


No, I didn't whip this little drawing up while riding non-stop in the car for 7 1/2 hours driving home today. It is from one of my sketch books. I can't resist some photo's even though they were taken by someone else. The odds were small that I would ever meet Mother Theresa anyway. Now they are zero to none.

We went back to Brent's for brunch before we took off and I did do a few small sketches but you have already seen their salt and pepper shakers, so I thought I would post this image instead.

Tomorrow is December, already! Hard to believe this year is almost over. I'm ready to finish up the year with a flurry of artistic activity. After all this black and white drawing, I am anxious to get to the water, brushes and lots of color!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myrna, wow, this takes me breath away. It is wonderfully done. Hope you frame it, because it is absolutely beautiful.

I would so have liked to meet Mother Teresa ~ now it is up to us to rather live a little like her, eh?

I'm going to crawl a little more over your beautiful blog.

(: love!
Pippa

Peachtreeart said...

Wow! Great job!

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

It's LOVELY...and yes, I would love to paint her, too...

owenswain said...

She's the wrinkliest saint I know and I love her. Well done. I did a broad and bold drawing of her, and had it on one of my blogs. I'll have to see if it's on the existing one. Beautifully done Myrna.

Sandy said...

Gorgeous work of a gorgeous lady.

Mike said...

Hi Myrna! Am coming by to announce that you have been tagged along with five other artists.

Also, as usual, your drawing talents are jaw dropping! thanks for sharing this one.

Anonymous said...

Breath taking! Outstanding work!

RH Carpenter said...

What a great commemoration for this wonderful lady, a real saint who walked among us for a while. I, too, will be looking forward to your colorful paintings now that November is over - but I sure did enjoy your daily challenges, too!

BARBARA WEEKS said...

This is beautiful. I love the hands.

Related Posts with Thumbnails