Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ANOTHER MOMENT IN HISTORY!


I remember the moment when I watched a man step upon the surface of the moon! Surreal. Tonight was another observed moment in history that also feels surreal. The connection to art is about possibility, vision and working to make it happen.

I managed to get some art work done today. I started a Frenchman painting with my new open acrylics. So far it looks hideous. the good news is that it is acrylic so I can repaint it as much as I need to. The paints have a very creamy consistency. They thin out very easily. I covered what was left on the palette with plastic wrap so it should stay moist. I was so disgusted with my progress on the painting so far, I decided to start on the collage piece. This is the drawing for it. I will start putting the painted papers on tomorrow. It should be an interesting project.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your moment in history America. If only I could have joined in the voting here in Western Australia!

RH Carpenter said...

How wonderful to be a part of such an historic moment in our time - with a hopefulness in our hearts for a new direction for America - what a day!

Anonymous said...

Extraordinary times indeed.
Speaking of extraordinary, that is what I think of your Frenchman drawings and paintings!

Cecelia said...

Not everyone is rejoicing in America. For many, it is a time of sorrow. There is a lot of talk of conspiracy, revolution, people looking for other countries to move to, states wanting to secede, and a huge division, worse than it has been since the Civil War, and the beginning of the end.
We hope that it won't get that bad, but it doesn't look good.

Evolving Expressions said...

I think this is the best time in American History, people are rejoicing because America the idea is still alive, the image of America was so bad lately that it definitely was due for a change...hopefully it is the start of one Great change. Congratulations everybody for a wonderful choice ....most of the Canadians are inspired by the whole event in general and Obama in particular.

Nava said...

Oh yeah, that seems to a big, huge step forward, of overcoming prejudice and looking at the person rather than the skin color!

I feel bad for not being able to vote, and not be part of history.

Related Posts with Thumbnails