Friday, September 5, 2008

STAGE 3 PAINTING #1 FRENCHMAN WITH LINE


We're not used to the heat here in Foster City. The past few days have been HOT and we have no air conditioning. All my energy has melted right out of me. I need to finish this painting but thought I would post it at this stage and then lift out some lights and make further adjustments tomorrow and post the final version.

The October issue of American Artist is in the bookstores now with the Self Portrait competition winners. I guess it is official that I was awarded second place but I have not heard anything from the magazine. I find that so strange.

I am gearing up for the workshop in October in Ocean Shores, Washington. It looks like a fabulous location for a fun and relaxing week. There are a few spots still available if anyone wants a great art working vacation. Check my website for details.

If you have a finished "Frenchman with Line" painting, send it in. I will put up a slide show tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nava said...

Yes, it is hot here!! even Monsieur français seems to be steaming - but he seems very appreciative with the cool background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails