Friday, February 22, 2008

PAINTINGS FROM GEO. JAMES WORKSHOP


I hope everyone enjoys the slide show. I didn't get the full names of a few of the participants. The images are reversed, and the color is slightly off but you can still see the beauty and variety. It was such a fun group of people to spend time with. One person came down from Oregon for the opportunity to work with Prof. James. I have put my painting in the slide show and also posted it above. I like the color and value shifts. I had fun with the figures. They are from some of my figure drawings. The imagery in the painting is strange but it was fun experimenting with the ideas of paint application and light and dark patterns. Check out Sandy Maudlin's blog. http://www.sandymaudlin.blogspot.com/ She has shared some additional information for working with YUPO. As soon as I get a free moment, I want to try some of these techniques on the Tyvek.

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Myrna,
The painting you created is really cool! I love the shapes and colors. Exciting to see.

Nava said...

Wow - some really great paintings were created in this workshop!!! Seems like most workshop participants eventually went along with George James' way of painting and gave up on the fun razzmatazz.

Looking forward to seeing some of them in person.

RH Carpenter said...

Your painting is great, Myrna. There is such a strong energy to it and great colors - it vibrates and you immediately want to tell a story about it. Great slide show of work - looks like almost everyone went with the flow in the end :)

About said...

WOW! So many great images...lots of ideas crept into my head while I watched the slide show. Thanks for letting us in on it.
I love your paiting...the figures are so strong, and, like Rhonda said, it looks like it is telling a story. Inspiring stuff!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails