Saturday, November 10, 2007

"SHAPE" PAINTING - CLASS DEMO



Here is the painting I did in my workshop today. I used the "shape" drawing and loosely based the colors on the "posterized" photo. I decided to leave much of the head undefined initially, but now that I have had a little time to study it, I may put in some light washes and move the right eye over a tad. This is painted on Tygerag and has to be flat to work on it so the paint doesn't run all over. It makes it harder to evaluate the painting. I need to prop it up when it is dry and evaluate things. Over all, I am pleased with the results.

I received the packet of samples of Tyvek and did a quick color study on it to make sure it is the same as Tygerag. Looks like we are in business. This company has rolls but you can also purchase a box of cut sheets with 500 sheets to a box. If you can get a group of artists together to share, it is very reasonable. A sheet of 25 x 38 runs $1. There would be a shipping charge to factor in but what a bargain! I don't have the contact information right at my finger tips this minute but I will post later with the info or you can e-mail me if you are interested.

I will be leaving Sunday morning on an a last minute trip and will return on Wednesday. I will be doing a demo for the Menlo Art League on Wednesday night. Looks like the next post will be Thursday. Keep drawing and painting and sending me your work.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I'm definitely interested in the supplier for the Tygerag paper, Myrna! Let me know when you return and have a great time - LOVE the portrait so far!

kristin woodward said...

Hi Myrna....I've used up my entire stock of tygerag and now can't find it anywhere. Can you tell me where you are finding it? It's a great paper and I'd hate to give it up. Thanks for your help.

kris woodward
kristin.woodward@earthlink.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails