Friday, November 30, 2007

NOVEMBER PAINTING CHALLENGE SLIDE SHOW / DECEMBER PAINTING CHALLENGE


Yesterday I installed the latest version of I-Life on my MacBook. Now all my photos are arranged in a new order which will take me some time to get straightened out. The format looks exciting and is going to be great but there is a small learning curve for me. I have created a slide show out of all the submissions for the November Painting Challenge. I apologize if I have left anyone out. If so, it is because of the way my photos are arranged right now. I shouldn't have any problems for future submissions. I want to thank everyone who participated. It is really fun to see different solutions and every one's efforts. I hope to have even more for the December Painting Challenge.

December is such a busy month, I thought I would keep things simple for the challenge. Any subject, any style but you are limited to 3 colors plus black and white. The way you select the three colors is the fun part. On separate slips of paper, write down each of your watercolor tubes of paint and put them in a jar. Shake it all up and then pull out 3 slips of paper. Those are your colors to work with. I have always wanted to do this, so now is the time! You can do this idea as many times as you paint a new image in December. When you submit your finished painting, be sure and tell me what colors you used. If you want to make it even more challenging, try this: Put each element of design on a separate strip of paper and pick one to be the main element of the painting. You can make a jar for each variable ie. mood, subject, style, etc.

2 comments:

Nava said...

Fun challenge!!! Let fate decide which colors to use, instead of breaking my own head? I like that!

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, this is going to be a fun challenge! After being away for just 5 days, I am ready to paint again!! As for the slide show: they are all winners - great use of the grids and great paintings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails