Monday, October 22, 2007

1st Place Award!!!!!!!!!!!!


This was the exciting message from Nava regarding the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society Annual! I had to miss the opening reception and awards ceremony because I was out of town for a family wedding. I was amazed to win over some very very amazing paintings. This watercolor society has many world-class talented artists, so I feel so very honored. I decided to post the painting in it's developmental stage. You can see the finished painting on my website at www.myrnawacknov.com I hope many of you take the time to photograph your paintings as they progress. It makes a helpful record and you never know when it will come in handy.

While I was traveling, inbetween celebrating, I had some time to work a few drawings for those of you who are helping me build the blog base. Remember, share the blog with 5 friends who subscribe and I will send you a drawing. I will post them tomorrow.

I never used to carry a sketch book around with me even though every art instructor tells you to do so. Even on the busiest of days, it is helping to get at least a little drawing in. I am seeing a difference with constant practice. Hope you are, too.

2 comments:

Nava said...

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I feel safe to say there was quite a consensus about your painting deserving this award.

It's got something that goes beyond skillful technique and creative bozzettos idea. I think this painting speaks to everyone who sees it, grabbing them by the guts, and making them stop in their tracks. You should have a microphone next to it, to record the comments from accomplished artists all the way to the general public who comes looking for a painting that will match the color of the sofa.

I was sooooooooo pleased to stand there on the stage and announce it (quite dramatically, I admit). I was truly overwhelmed by the response, cheering and applause.

Your prize, ribbon and the paparazzi will be awaiting you on the take-down day :-)

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations again, Myrna!

Related Posts with Thumbnails